Before becoming an obedience and agility instructor and AKC Agility Judge, Monica was a Civil Engineer working for a nationwide engineering, mapping and environmental firm.
She then homeschooled her three children, who are now all in college, and later became a Math teacher and tutor for school aged children.
To combat issues that were occurring with one of her dogs, she decided to take an obedience class at a local dog club.
This was just the beginning. The need to train a dog who seemed to be out of control, turned into an exciting hobby and then a successful business.
She started teaching 4-H classes to children ages 8 to 18 and then private students and group classes for both adults and children under the name of Red Sage Agility.
- American Kennel Club Agility (AKC) Judge (#95229) and Canine Good Citizen and Star Puppy Tester (#88007)
- Earned the AKC Master Agility Championship and qualified for the National Agility Championship in 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 with her Labrador, Sage.
- Actively competes in AKC Masters agility and currently training and competing in obedience with her Border Collie, Strider.
- Currently training in agility and obedience with her Papillon, Sam.
- Competed with a variety of breeds: Sheltie, Vizla, Brittany, German Shepherd, Malinois, Border Collie, Labradors and Papillon.
- Also competed in (NADAC) North American Dog Agility Council, United States Dog Agility Association (USDAA) and (ASCA) Australian Shepherd Club of American/Florida Australian Shepherd Association (FASA) venues.
- Agility and obedience Instructor for 13 years and attended agility seminars by Silvia Trkman, Stuart Mah, Karen Holik, Marcus Topps, Daniel McDonald and others.
- Co-Organizational Leader, and obedience and agility instructor for a 4-H Dog Club in Manatee County. Over the past 13 years has worked with over a hundred kids from 8 to 18 years old to help them train obedience, agility and rally to a variety of dog breeds. Manatee County 4-H
- Member Sarasota Obedience Training Club - Trial Committee Member and Volunteer Hours.